Introduction:

Hi,

Glad you decided to drop by my blog. I enjoy story telling and making up stories. Therefore, I decided to start this blog to share some of my stories with anyone who may be interested. If you enjoy what you read here, please tell others about it. I promise to never post a story here which you would be ashamed to read to your children (or be ashamed if someone caught you reading it).



Blessings,

C. Bowman

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Boat

(Reading level: grade 3.8)

I went and bought a little boat,
You'd think the thing would barely float.
A thing of rotted wood and rust,
I had to buy it or I'd bust.

I repaired the rotted wood and rust,
And found a boat a man could trust.
I scraped and painted here and there,
With dreams of sea winds blowin' fair.

A fine new sail the wind will bloat,
As I cross the sea in my new boat.

Clint Bowman
1 July 1995


This poem was published in "Treasured Poems of America", winter 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment