Introduction:

Hi,

Glad you decided to drop by my blog. I enjoy story telling and making up stories. Therefore, I decided to start this blog to share some of my stories with anyone who may be interested. If you enjoy what you read here, please tell others about it. I promise to never post a story here which you would be ashamed to read to your children (or be ashamed if someone caught you reading it).



Blessings,

C. Bowman

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Pictures from the Okefenokee Swamp Park in Waycross, Georgia

Most of you who read this blog probably know by now that I have a serious love of the Okefenokee Swamp in South Georgia. Not only do I write about it (Okefenokee Tales), but I also work one day a week in there as a boat guide. I get to meet many people from all over the world. Recently I have met folks from Germany, Colombia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, and many other parts of the USA. I really enjoy teaching others about the Okefenokee. And yes, all the animals one would encounter on our boat tours or when walking the boardwalks and pathways are WILD, not tame, and should be treated as such.
 I thought I would share a few pictures taken today while I was in the swamp. ENJOY! And come visit, you will love it!
A Great Blue Heron stands patiently on one leg waiting for a meal to swim by within striking range.

A juvenile alligator resting in his "gator hole". This one is about 18 months old.


A boatload of tourists arrive back at the boat dock after their 45 minute tour. 



A Gray Squirrel resting in a the warm morning sun on a cool spring morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment