Introduction:

Hi,

Glad you decided to drop by my blog. I enjoy story telling and making up stories. Therefore, I decided to start this blog to share some of my stories with anyone who may be interested. If you enjoy what you read here, please tell others about it. I promise to never post a story here which you would be ashamed to read to your children (or be ashamed if someone caught you reading it).



Blessings,

C. Bowman

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Fall Football Memory

Well.... it is football season again and I love it! I am publishing a poem here which I originally wrote for an assignment  and had published on the Yahoo Contributor Network in 2011. That part of Yahoo no longer exists.Hope you enjoy the memories it may bring back to you. If you didn't play football in high school or college but  have a family member who did, please share it with them as well.


watercolor by Clint Bowman

Fall… and football,
And sweat.
Lots of sweat.
In the August heat,
 and the cool evenings of November.
Burning eyes,
And sweat.
 Tickling the inside of my ear.
Dirty, bruised fingers wiping it out.
Flopping, bouncing shoulder pads,
Inside a loosely fitting practice jersey.
Head hanging,
Sweat dripping, from the end of my nose.
“One more boys and we are finished!”
Sprinting, panting, sweat burning my eyes,
Practice ends.
Now the sweat can be dealt with.
Fall … and football,
And sweat.

                                         By  Clint Bowman

No comments:

Post a Comment