Introduction:

Hi,

Glad you decided to drop by my blog. I enjoy story telling and making up stories. Therefore, I decided to start this blog to share some of my stories with anyone who may be interested. If you enjoy what you read here, please tell others about it. I promise to never post a story here which you would be ashamed to read to your children (or be ashamed if someone caught you reading it).



Blessings,

C. Bowman

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!!!!!

This Easter season I have been thinking a lot of a story which isn't usually related to Easter morning. I enjoy the Okefenokee Swamp and the Satilla River as those of you who read my stories know. I spent wonderful times with my dad and others as a child fishing in the river and hunting the edges of the swamp as well as along the river. This Easter season, I have been thinking of a "fishing" story involving Jesus and some of His followers immediately after His resurrection. I am going to put bits of that story here for you to enjoy:

"As the sun was rising, Jesus stood at the water's edge, but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Then He asked them," Young men, haven't you caught anything?" 
"Not a thing," they answered.
He said to them," Throw your net out on the other side of the boat, and you will catch some." So they threw the net out and could not pull it back in, because they had caught so many fish.
                                                 ***************************
When they stepped ashore, they saw a charcoal fire there with fish on it and some bread. Then Jesus said to them," Bring some of the fish you have just caught."
                                                 ***************************
Jesus said to them," Come and eat." None of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are you?" because they knew it was the Lord. So Jesus went over. took the bread, and gave it to them; He did the same with the fish. This, then, was the third time Jesus appeared tot he disciples after He was raised from the dead. 
Taken from the book of John chapter 21 verses 4-6, 9-10, 12-14. The Good News Version of the Bible.
                                                 ***************************
May the Good Lord Above be your guide through life. May your family be blessed and your fishing and hunting be memorable. cb

No comments:

Post a Comment