Introduction:

Hi,

Glad you decided to drop by my blog. I enjoy story telling and making up stories. Therefore, I decided to start this blog to share some of my stories with anyone who may be interested. If you enjoy what you read here, please tell others about it. I promise to never post a story here which you would be ashamed to read to your children (or be ashamed if someone caught you reading it).



Blessings,

C. Bowman

Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Place

(Reading level: grade 5.1)


Slowly the paddle dipped into the still dark waters,

Nearby a bullfrog croaked a greeting.

Red winged blackbird swept across…

Landing on a cattail, he sings out his welcome.


Two bright eyes slowly sink down,

Into the dark rippled water.

Two gentle swirls mark the spot,

Where the king of the swamp sank,

Beneath the now dancing water lilies.


The gently dancing white water lily flowers…

Their yellow centers brightly bobbing here and there,

Give birth suddenly to a leaping bright green grasshopper.

His refuge no longer the safe haven he thought …

As watery ripples pass over his yellow throne.


The cool and gentle evening breeze,

Passing through at the end of hot day,

Welcomes me back to my little island.

My hidden, blessed little corner of the world.

Clint Bowman

April 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment